Monday, February 28, 2011

Day7- Make new friends but keep the old...

Work has been the busiest it has ever been. Ever. I mean I've worked a really long time in order to be this busy but I have been burning the candle at both ends so to speak. And I don't like burning the candle at both ends. However, since I started this little blog project I have been trying to be more thankful and count my blessings, even when it seems hard. I've been trying. And I can tell that it has made a difference, well at least so far it has. Which leads me to the first thing I am thankful for....

1. Old friends-I got some sad news a few weeks ago, a good friend since High School lost her father to cancer. It doesn't even seem possible that we are old enough to be losing our parents but it seems we are and cancer doesn't care about your age, does it? I have been traveling so much for business but as soon as I heard the news I knew I had to be there. It was like none of us missed a beat. All of the girls came together to make food, take water, soda, order flowers, etc. Then this week we did another potluck dinner and got together again to say farewell to one and hello to the newest addition to our little family. All I can say is the old saying is true "make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver but the other's gold." I almost forgot what is like to be with people who have known you forever and love you the same. It doesn't matter how long we are apart, we can come together and not miss a beat. And be there when it truly matters... So Melaney, Bridget, Becky, Kelly, Amanda, Lisa, Siobhan, and Megan - I love you girls! Forever and ever.

2. 3. & 4. Grandma's- I got to celebrate my Grandma and Great grandma's birthdays with them over the last few weeks. As I get older, I appreciate more and more their love and support....and their wisdom. It is so amazing that I've got to have them in my life for this long and that I get to see them for birthdays and holidays still. And of course their advice (meddling) never ends.... Which only makes me love them more.

5. Chocolate- So apparently I'm a stress eater....I guess its better than being a stress drinker but nonetheless I like to eat chocolate. Especially when I'm stressed. Nothing that an extra few miles on the treadmill can't fix but thank God for Chocolate. Glorious wonderful chocolate. What is it about chocolate that makes everything in that moment right? I mean it is fleeting but it is the little things, right? Carpe Diem...seize the day/moment/second. And when things seem insurmountable I will take that moment of bliss....I think I'm starting to sound like a Dove commercial....

XOXOXO,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment