Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 6- Nephew, Nieces, and why I love Red Wine.

So I haven't blogged in a week. I was thinking about what I would write about next and then things got really crazy stupid busy. I went to see my brother and his family weekend in Tennessee and decided to offer a "date night" to my brother and his wife and volunteered to babysit for their 3 kids...alone. I think my sister was more scared than I was. She kept asking if I was ok, is it too much? The kids are aged 4, 2, & 5 mos. Since I donut have any kids (yet) I really didn't know what to expect and since my only nieces and nephew live in TN I don't get enough options to babysit so I was a looking forward to a bonding night with the rugrats angels. :) Which leads me to what I'm most thankful today.

1. 2. & 3. My 2 nieces and my nephew. Since there are 3 of them they get the first 3 spots in this blog. They make everything that is wrong in my world right. Seeing their faces brings me more joy then I can ever describe. Watching them grow up is the greatest thing in the world. I love seeing them smile and knowing that they are happy and safe. I cant even imagine what it would be like having my own kids. I talk enough about my dogs to annoy most people so God help all of us when I have my own child(ren) someday. And since I'm their favorite aunt they were perfect angels for me (well I'm the favorite because we have dance party USA and I'm not scared to make a fool of myself at any given occasion). Well for the most part. The middle one decided that she wanted to turn the baby powder upside down on her face. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. But the highlight was when my nephew asked me if I could "stay at his house forever". Bless his heart. He knows how to work a room.... let me tell you...and work on my heartstrings at the same time....

4. The Mountains- Driving through the mountains. Music Cranked. Sun shining. It is hands down one of my favorite most simplest forms of entertainment. If you've never done then try it. I can pray, think, sing on top of my lungs, car dance, fist pump, whatever. But I've never taken a road trip alone and came back from it without clarity of some sort. And about 15 calls to old friends.

5. Red Wine- Someone wise once told me that God made beer as proof that He wants us to be happy. I take out the beer and insert red wine but totally agree with him (although there are some great beers out there..I'm just a red wine girl). But seriously it has a lot of great health benefits (antioxidants) and it pairs so nicely with many things. Plus it makes me happy. After a long/stressful day there is nothing better then going for a long run, taking a hot shower then sitting down to dinner with a delicious glass of red wine. Ahhh better then a calgone moment. AND I may or may not be having one right now....

So thankful for my many blessings today but these are the top 5. I would love to hear your thoughts or what your thankful for as well!

XOXOXO
JB

1 comment:

  1. Those little angels are the apple of this grandma's eye, & yes, they have worked their way right into my heart forever...I miss them & want to be closer to them so we can share more silly laughs, give Daddy & Mommy more date nights & enjoy every moment together we can! Loving your children & grandchildren is an ultimate experience for me! I love them & love being their Mom & Grandma - that is what I am thankful for!

    ReplyDelete